Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Riding down by the river...

It was raining after work tonight, 50ish something in temp, with the rain falling from some place up above that was much colder. I was dressed in light wool socks, wool leg warmers and long sleeves wool under my jersey. Wool lets you get away with getting wet and cold longer then most fabrics.  It didn't matter to me getting wet,  I needed to ride,  rain or not, was the plans and I had energy stored up to do so, not burning that energy off, would just make for an uncomfortable evening. Just the way it is.
Riding the road bike, with the skinnies, wet, and leaves can ruin your winter riding season. Sliding out on a corner and busting up a few bones just would not fit into my schedule at all.



Looking forward to my Wed ride, spending the day on the FatBack exploring some new territory. My son, Caleb who rides the Motor Cross bikes told me about a place he rode this summer. He says to follow a path on the side of the rail road tracks that head north of town, the path comes to an end at a rail road bridge, He says ride the tracks across the bridge and continue riding down the tracks for about a 1/2 a mile and there will be an old quarry that has multiple riding elevations, Me and the FatBack are going to like this.


and I would be remiss without showing you this, this surely means the end is near, Dairy Queen closing for the season.


yawn.........sleep time beckons.....

3 comments:

dawn marie giegerich said...

No more queen cheeseburgers.

Unknown said...

Dave that DQ sign brought back tour memories. Their bacon cheeseburgers were meals of heaven. Now I have to have a cheeseburger for lunch - thanks!

Enjoy the quarry riding - did some in FL a couple of winters ago - fun times!

tainterturtles said...

What? DQ closing for the season? No way!!!! You need to move to Wisconsin where the DQ's are open all-year long my friend!