Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

I blogging....

Been bicycling all over God's graveled earth lately. Not sure how many gravel metric centuries it is anymore, lost track. Riding a lot on the FatBack, fat tired bikes can be a lot of fun, the fatter tires and heavier bike makes your ride stronger, the weight and fat tires takes it's toll after awhile, but that's a good thing.

Found this giant puffball today, I had never heard of these before, I was quite amazed. I was surprised to hear they were edible and delicious this giant dinosaur egg could feed over 20 people.


Tried to find a away across the Cedar Valley River last Labor Day, there was a trail bridge but has been damaged since the severe flood of 2008, weeds and down trees made this a fun exploration. Finally took a county road across.
Yesterday rode with Lance Andre, I was on the big FatSo bike and he was on the ultra light carbon Niner,,,,,as if I needed a handicap riding with Idititrod finisher, DK200 winner, Triple D winner among others. Dang, and he even made me do all the drafting, ok ok, I fibbed about that....
Oh and we were talking about Triple D of 2012, I am not going to let out the date, I'll let him announce, however here's a HINT......Martin Luther.........;-)  wink wink

I'm ready for Fall riding, a freeze to kill off some bugs and leaves to fall, When the leaves drop off the brush new paths open up that have been covered up by all the foliage, Fall is a great time of the year to be bicycling but come to think of it, so is Winter, Summer and Spring..............Ok gotz to go, will try to get here more often...thanks for visiting.
Dave

6 comments:

dawn marie giegerich said...

Puffballs, the solution to world hunger. And autumn is sounding so fine to us outdoors exercisers. I'm tired of the sweathog status.

Craig said...

Is it bad that I've been daydreaming about snow biking for the last three weeks? I'm already psyched for Triple D.

Steph said...

Im still confused by the puffball.. what the hell is that thing? :)

MrDaveyGie said...

Extremely stange to me too Steph, a guy at work tells me he has been eating them since he was a kid. Slice them like bread and fry in butter. I guess it is a fungas, first time for me ever seeing one.

Dan O said...

Puffball sandwich. I think I'll pass...

Anonymous said...

Hello David, you have some very intresting stories of bike rides. I wonder if you have any where you have used you bike in a fight!!! D-Day is near.

Sincerly
Joe Morley