Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend riding pleasures

At about mile 30 of my scheduled Gravel Metric yesterday, I felt something wet misting on my legs, I thought one of my 32 oz water bottles was leaking. Realizing I drank both bottles empty and was on my way to a bottle refill I looked down at my bike frame and saw "green slime" flying around, I said the "F" word. "FLAT"  tire.  The spray of green slime...
I was a mile away from my turn around point and a small town park with a picnic table and water bubbler so I leaned over my handle bars putting all my weight on the front tire, and drifted to the picnic table and with a spare tube, tire levers, and air pump. I was ready to go in short order.
Well that left me with not another spare tube and DUH!!! no tube patches. So for some reason I felt if I ride  as fast I can and  if I get a flat I won't have to walk as far because I will be closer to home, not much cell phone coverage out here in the woods either. The next 30 miles I kept pushing myself, and made it home.


Today was road riding day. Had fun riding through parks, along the Mississippi River front and camp grounds. It was a great ride except the part where the fat guy, smoking a cigarette showed his displeasure of me by passing me close, slowing down along side of me and honking his horn. :sigh: if I could only be a manly man like you sir. Freak'n moron!!!!




I received my RAGBRAI registration in the mail, I tried to hide it from Creepy Baby, she found it.  I don't want to take her along, however, she has other plans in mind.















Well thanks for visiting, Monday through Friday, here we come.
Dave

4 comments:

dawn marie giegerich said...

Keep smoking, fat guy.

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Hopefully the fat guy got a flat 30miles from home.

tainterturtles said...

People in cars can be such jerks.

Oh Dave, you gotta take creepy baby with you....she's your good luck charm.

Dan O said...

Fat smoking guy seems really, really intelligent...

Creepy Baby must ride RAGBRAI, with many pictures/posts as proof.