Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Has anybody seen Dave?!?!?!?

Oh there he is, down in the dumps, see him there?



After my near heat exhaustion ride last Memorial day, something hit me, started with a nasty sore throat, went into my lungs, sinus, and eyes. I had no wind, went to the docs three times, loaded up on eye drops, antibiotics, and cough meds.
Couldn't ride, lungs were not cooperating, and coughing fits would start. Lifting weights and lotz of stretching kept my mind from crazy with all the bike down time.
Felt good when I woke up this morning, legs felt good.
 So checked out the legs today. Had 25 miles of gravel riding in, and decided to see if I could make it a century. Did. Legs were begging me to stop the last 15 miles, probably bit off more then I should, but that's how it goes.

Don't think I can get the time tomorrow to ride a full Metric C, working on Josh's car, spending some time with pops, and some errands. I try to make some time, cause I'm back in the saddle again.    :-)





8 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I'm sure being back in the saddle was like pure heaven!

Hope you are on the upswing now.

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

What else would we do? Glad you're feeling better.

mrbill said...

I figured something was up, glad you're feeling better. Why can't we always feel 99% like we did when we were 30, oh well, that's life, adapt.
Have a good one Dave.

TrevorW�� said...

Great to hear that you are on the up..!
I have to admit that the older I get, the less time I spend feeling above 90%....
As mrbill says 'that's life'.

Dan O said...

Ouch - not fun. Always feels great getting over being sick and getting in some saddle time.

Craig said...

Way to grind out that C!

dawn marie giegerich said...

At last, the man speaks . . .
Recovery takes longer on the other side of 50.

Steph said...

Ah, that sucks!! Glad yer better now.