Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

What can I say.

Been a good week for getting my 'stuff' done. My 'stuff' is not work, or house chores but cranking the pedals, and lifting and stretching that I have added to my routines to keep everything in balance for turning the pedals. Used to be I could just ride and ride, but now I gotta work the muscles and stretch em to keep things moving.
Tuesday it was warm enough to sweat in bicycling shorts and sleeveless jersey, Wednesday is was staying barely warm with wool legs, and wool long sleeves, with hat, gloves, and jackets. Riding my 25 mile roller coaster all about town.
Tuesday I flew, it felt effortless, stayed 'on it' the whole route. Wednesday, I was zapped, the lazy parts of my mind tried to talk me out of the ride. I was just tired, not injured, not fatigued, so I knew I needed to ride. Just tired, makes a good mental and physical training ground. If I didn't ride I wouldn't feel good about myself. The ride turned out OK, and was glad I got out there.
Today a century on the gravel, I was waiting for energy to pick up, it never happened so I just kept pedaling and finished.
This weekend headed up north to visit Grandson Cole, return Sunday night and ride another century Monday on the dirt.
Seems this is going to be another year of not getting the garage and deck stained, or not remodeling a few rooms in the house, seems my heart is set on spending as much as my free time as I can riding a bicycle somewhere out in nowhere for no good reason. I guess it is what it is.

6 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Nowhere is one of my favorite places too.

tainterturtles said...

Family should be #1 priority....your little grandson is so lucky to have a grandpa like you.

Courtney Hilton said...

Are you coming to the Guitar ted Death ride? You should...

MrDaveyGie said...

Ooooo, Courtney, right now I am registered for RAIBRAI that day, (30th) my plans were to ride from Coraville to Davenport, and then from Davenport to Dubuque I think for about 120 miles. But let me see "Death Ride" seems like a good beer drinking time.

dawn marie giegerich said...

Visit the boy and ride, ride, ride. A perfect life . . .

Dan O said...

Spending time with your grandson looks like s great time.

Dude- from your blog posts, could easily see you doing one of the those gravel road death races/rides. Would be some cool blog posts as well.

Go for it...