Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Creepy Baby's friend, a good country ride, and coming clean.

Sorta dragging butt this morning, getting on the pedals was a slow start. Then I find these two girls on my ride wanting to bike today too. Seems winter gets over, weather gets nice and everybody wants to bicycle. I don't know who Creepy Baby's friend is, they came home last night together. It is one of those 'don't ask, don't tell' things yanno.

But ride, I did. 50 miles on gravel. Legs wanted to ride more.  Seems I am having 'equipment problems' no not bike hardware.
Somehow I threw my shoulders out this winter, and I haven't gotten them right yet. Crashes and old joints I spose. So as I ride I develop a ache that starts in my shoulders, and moves into my arms. This too shall pass.

Stopped at the "Cement Slab Cafe" a granola bar, fruit bar, and a OJ was on the menu.










Returned to the neighborhood, and my three mechanics were ready, as always to break down the bike, tune, and dial her in for tomorrow's ride.
Big thanks to Christel, Kayla, and Gillian.







OK, I have been stalling with this. Time for me to come clean. A couple of days ago I posted a link to my last year's April's fool spoof I did. In that I posted a picture of myself at the end.
My daughter, Melissa,  posts this publicly on my blog for all the world to see.

Melissa in MN said...
Come on now, how old IS that picture of you sir? ;-) Didn't think you still had abs.
April 1, 2011 8:36 PM

Now I don't know if you know this but Google has a "GoogleTranslator' that you can put any language in and have it translated to another language. They recently added .'a what did my kid really say translator' So I ran what Melissa said through this and this is what she was actually saying.

DAD!!!!!! Puleeaseeeee, accept you are a fat old fart. Don't post yesteryear pictures, glory days are over for you, just accept it. You are just fine who you are. Love, Melissa.

So I got looking at this picture below I posted. So, yeap, she's right, this was a few years old. I have aged since then. This was kinna a false representation of me. 







So I decided to keep this blog open and honest I would take another picture of me,  today, using the same backdrop so you could judge for yourself the aging changes.





Aging just adds character, right?


Have some fun, it's the best thing for body and soul
Lata, DAve


No comments: