Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Beautiful day for a ride




Temperatures in the 20s rode 5+ hours, road was soft, which made my tires stick, and the pedaling harder.



My legs are cooked, colder weather, more clothes, sticky trails, make the journey more laborious. Did not see one other bicyclists the whole 65 miles.


It didn't seem that long ago that I was freezing my fluids and they would thaw faster then I could drink them. Now the inverse in true, my fluids are freezing as I ride.

Stopped at the Cement Slab Cafe, and they were closed, go figure, I was hungry. Those Bar Mitts work great for keeping the hands warm.

Well, I think I am slipping into a coma.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

So what's the plan for the big 100? You got a date set? I imagine ESPN will be there to cover it.

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving Dave! Have a wonderful holiday and keep at it.

You know it is cold when the insulated bottles freeze. Regular bottles freeze way to warm!

Thumbs up on the bar mitts I presume? Time to order some!

MrDaveyGie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MrDaveyGie said...

Mr Tom, a.k.a. Harry Legges All the major networks are competing to cover this event. My lawyers have instructed me not to disclose "Ride 100" time frame.

Oh be right back, it is time for my antidelusional meds again.
:-)

tainterturtles said...

Please keep me posted on the cycling 100 event....Davie G style that is. Hey, maybe I'll learn a trick or two!

Way to go on your cold ride.

Dan O said...

Dude. 5+ hour ride in 20 degree temps - you are the man.

Keep the rides and posts going...