Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Today and Tomorrow














Spent the work day visiting another Power Plant that was flooded in June 2008 which was called a 1500 year flood, quite a freakish event. The entire basement and 6 feet of this operating floor was underwater. After several million dollars was spent on clean up it was determined that the plant would close down. Many people lost their jobs, now there is one man that stays on sight M-F. This was the oldest operating plant in Iowa, dating back to the 1800s. My mission was to help evaluate what parts, hardware, equipment, could be used elsewhere. It was interesting walking around, from floor to floor, seemed sorta surreal. There was no working lights in the basment, was like walking through various caves, all interlinked, navigating by flashight.

TOMORROW


Tomorrow I get to have fun. Working a half day, then bik'n up. Taking lights in case the sundown beats me home. 62 + Miles on trail and gravel. Fun will flood my brain cells. My rides lately have not had enough hard work. I need to step up the pace. I am hoping for that burst energy that sometimes shows up and rocks the ride.

The CX bike is in the dining room, ready to roll out the front door. It will be 5 + hours of music, and pedaling, a.k.a. Perfecto.


RideSOME

DAve.

4 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Cool!
Hope it's a good ride tomorrow.
We're suppose to get tons of rain on Thursday.

tainterturtles said...

Ride your heart out Dave. Tom is right, lots of rain for all of us on Thursday.

Unknown said...

Ride on Super Dave!!!

Do a couple for me - we are getting dumped on today!

Steph said...

walking through the post-flood-mess... sounded like a movie scene...


"Fun will flood my brain cells." - Love it!! :)