Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

ad·dict·ed   


My lady, Birgit packed up and headed to Mississippi 750 miles away yesterday at around 9:00 p.m. Along with her daughter in law Kirstia and tiny grandbaby Trinity, to see her son for the last time before serving his country in Afghanistan. Go Marco Go, we are proud, we are worried, we wait your return.



So after work there was cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry, I then wrenched on bicycles and they could use some more. I got me some plans for tomorrow. I am working in the morning and then taking a half day off.

Plans are to ride a country century, charging my lighting system now, I expect it will be needed on the tail end of the ride. So bike is packed, and ready and in the dining room for a quick exit tomorrow after work.

So, ummm, it's bike, bike and bike on my mind. Hmmmm,
Bill G asked the question awhile back why do we do this? I kinda know, well I enjoy, but why would this be enjoyable? Would be the next question. Hmmm, I dunno.

So I looked up the two definitions below in
dictionary.com.





ad·dict·ed   
devoted or given up to a practice or habit or to something psychologically or physically habit-forming (usually fol. by to ):

ad·dict   
–noun
1. a person who is addicted to an activity, habit, or substance:



BINGO!!!!!!
Ok, I leave you with "Oh Oh" spots. I would be in trouble for this one, but Birgit is 750 miles away. Ha ha.



Lata,
Dave

5 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Whoever wrote with blue pen on that wood floor is in a lot of trouble.

MrDaveyGie said...

Now that was funnyyyy.

mrbill said...

I'm proud of Marco, keep us updated.
Is he going to have an email addy where we can get in touch, don't know how that works, didn't have Internet when I was in Nam.
Harrys right, ink is worse than oil!
Enjoy your ride

Dan O said...

Funny post.

Good luck to Marco. Not easy what he's doing.

tainterturtles said...

Birgit, I think you better come home quick! Drive fast!!!! Mr DG's bicycles are taking over the house, grease and all.

Be safe Marco and thank you for serving our country.