Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Riding about town

Work came first, play followed. Went out biking about town after work. It was so fun. Street riding, on a light bike in traffic is a bicycling style all it's own. When traffic bunches up and I can keep up I'll ride with the vehicles which makes for some spirited sprints.

I never look at bicycling as exercise, I look at it as playtime. I've seen so many people start a exercise program and make statements like, got it done, or gotta get it in, seems they never make it a year. Unless it becomes the best part of the day, and not something that you force yourself to do, it just isn't going to last.


Seems the sun should be much higher then this at 6:30 p.m. Days are getting shorter, a cyclist's dilemma for after work rides.




One of my favorite views of the Mississippi River, in Eagle Point Park. Most town rides have me here.




Oh remember that Pledge money per mile I have been doing for United Way? Well that ends this Sunday. Here is my campaign manager Ellis. Oh and BTW he is also my boss. Yes I know he LQQKs 20, but he's really 30. I said to Ellis today, "I'll make you a deal, if I can have off the rest of the week, I'll ride 500 more miles by Sunday, If I don't make it I have to pay back the days. He didn't bite, I think he knows better.

Oh and look he's reading my blog, BUSTED!!!!



We have fun at work, and get er done, so it rocks.





BikeON,

DAve.


7 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Riding in traffic makes me nervous, but glad it's playtime for you.

I hate to see the days getting shorter cuz that means my trail rides will be pushing the darkness.

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

You sound surprised that he reads your blog.

EVERYBODY reads your blog!

dawn marie giegerich said...

I know, I know. Sun sinking behind the bluffs on the flood wall at 7:15 . . .

KungFooSausage said...

The sun setting is just a phase it goes through. It pulls out of it every day :)

Clive Chapman said...

Dark mornings on my commute in now... :-(

Unknown said...

Keep the lights around. Only going to get darker and colder and then the Mukluk arrives - yeah!!!

Great job and too bad the boss didn't bite - that would have been cool!

Dan O said...

I was talking to a coworker today about "exercise" and how riding for me is all about fun - the exercise is just a free by product.

We're lucky we dig bikes and stick with it 'cause of that.