Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rides, bikes and Santa's

A night out on the pavement bicycling. Saw some rider friends zipping around doing the same. The evening was cooler, felt delicious. Shorter days are coming requiring more discipline and planning to get needed mileage in. If I could just win the lottery, I could ride the day light hours all winter. Headed North this weekend to visit the Sir Cole, my grandson, and his mama and papa, always a treat.


My mama collected lots and lots of Santa's. I'm bringing these guys up to Melissa, my daughter that were my mom's. There is included something Melissa cross stitched for mom, saying "Grandma I love you" When she was a little bittie.



Rode out to the start of the trail, had to tell Skinnie girl, you ain't going there, this isn't for you.



Haven't heard yet regarding delivery time and price for my desired Salsa snow bike. This would complete my main riding arsenal of bikes. Not counting odds and ends bikes this would leave me with 4 primary bikes. A trek 1600 road bike for the pavement flying. A Trek CX XO2 a great cycle cross for the dirt and gravel roads. A Trek Hard tail, with 2.25 Studded Knobbies for icy rides. And my new 3.8" snow tired Salsa snow machine to ride with the deep snows. Yahoooo!!!!

Thanks for stopping.

Ride on.

DAve

6 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

You are a biking animal.

tainterturtles said...

Wow, I'm excited for you. That Salsa snow bike sounds like just what I need to get me through the winter months on the lake.

Unknown said...

Just left my deposit yesterday at my bike shop for mine - I cannot wait for snow and winter and the guys at the bike shop did not agree with me!

I told them to look the bike up and they just might!

Have a great weekend!

dawn marie giegerich said...

Did Melissa say you could play with those Santas? Put them away, now.

Courtney Hilton said...

All you need now is a fixie for in town cruzing

MrDaveyGie said...

Courtney, I think you got an idea there. I have this old steel 750 Treck Hybrid that I have not ridden in years. Fixie with side baskets for the routine errands, and town hopp'n.
Need to bike more, car less.