Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Warm, muggy and drizzling.

Well I was hesitant getting started this morning with severe lightning warnings, I can handle rain, sleet, and snow, but getting zapped by a few million volts of lightning riding a bicycle across a ridge just doesn't sound like a good day to me. But after pacing around the house for awhile I headed out late around 11:00. It started drizzling with in an hour. Was to muggy and warm to wear rain gear so I just got wet. I rode about 28 miles on dirt trails and felt bonked. Ate a couple of granola bars and drank a pop and a jug of water. I was up on a hill top and could see that it looked like storms all around me. It was warm and humid. I was thinking I wished I had some way to check the weather radar to help make good travel decisions. The air was still and felt eerie, I decided to turn around. I made up extra mileage to get 65 miles in closer to home.





On the way back I really started dragging, majorly bonking, terribly. Couldn't seem to get much going on the pedals. I saw two bikes behind me in my rear view mirror headed my way, at a faster pace. So that helped me put the pedal down. So I rode for the next 10 miles with seeing them behind me on every straight away. They went off trail at the town of Sageville, and went on the Highway, I stayed on the back trails back to town and saw them again at the stop lights, I pulled up next to them, a young ( 30ish to me) fit looking couple. I told them I was really slacking and saw them coming up behind me, and that helped me get on it. We went our separate ways, knowing we had a common bond.

Hope to have a renewed energy tomorrow, and get back on it. Looks like the weather and thunder storms are going to play the same mind games with me again.

Is this how these things look right before they charge? Looks like it to me.




Made a bucket of chili, So for now I think I'll have a few brews, eat some chili, and contemplate the universe and other things.

Ride far, ride safe.
Dave

Oh here is how I adjusted my shoes, that were too small.

1 comment:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Glad you got out. That heat and humidity can really zapp the energy out of you.