Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Trail riding

Rode the gravel roads for 62 miles. The weather was nice, fought some wind on the way out and rode with the wind on the way back.
Saw a turkey bobbling up and down running away from me down the trail, So I wanted to play around with it and picked up my pace, which made the turkey run faster, soon we were both going 20 mph, and that just made the turkey run faster. Did it forget it knew how to fly? We were both flying down the trail now, me chasing the turkey. Then it finally took flight, like an awkward flying beast and disappeared.

I saw this cut trail in the picture below, so I wanted to see where it went so down the trail I went. Hoping I wouldn't get shot at for trespassing. It ended up at a pond, and some fellow cutting trail on a lawn tractor, I waved, he waved and back I went.



















I thought this weeping willow deserved to have it's picture taken.
























This grated bridge made the bike feel like a vibrator. I wanted to ride another 38 miles and make is a 100 miler but didn't have 38 miles of time.

Hoping to hit the road bike the next couple of days, ,pavement sounds fun and fast, we'll see how it goes. To ride tomorrow I will have to hustle, my brother and sisters are coming over to my house at 6:30 p.m. and talk about mama and some problems. Seems often in times of family hardship and someone suffering can bring the other family members together.
























So I'm gonna watch the rest of the CMT awards and chill,
bye y'all
Dave

5 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I'm so glad you could get out and ride today. I envy you!

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

I watched the Stanley Cup Playoff.

Dan O said...

As always - enjoyed your ride report and pics of Iowa.

Good luck with your parents situation. It is very cool that family is close by and sharing what needs to be done.

Clive Chapman said...

You should have had that Turkey away, shoved him in your bag, plonked him in your freezer at home and had him for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Hope the family stuff works out ok mate.

Cheers

Clive

mrbill said...

Looks like you had a good day, good for you. I'm proud to say I got rained out and not by humidity, actual rain, like falling from the sky, good reading time.