Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I have made a very big decision.

I have decided I am not going to spend time plucking out the Crab grass that survived the crab grass prevention treatment I give my lawn. Every year it's the same thing. I apply crab grass killer early spring, and from July till it snows crab grass start popping through. So after most rains I would go out and pluck them out roots and all when the ground was soft.

This year I asked my self this question. What difference does it make? NONE, NADA, was the answer in my head.

It is not important. So that takes care of that.

I know I ride a bicycle a lot. In the next 5 days I hope to do 4 metric dirt centuries. That takes a lot of time. I ask myself is this important? Depends. Compared to what?

If family issues, change my plans so be it. If work demands change things once in awhile, so be it. If work stopped me from riding a whole lot, time for a new job.
So I may rarely wash my car, but I work on bikes every week. Tonight was total cleaning of my Trek CX, and clean and lube, and tire and tube replacement. Ya gotta take care of em.
Some day I won't be riding anymore, so I will ride now, when I can.



So ride on, ride often,

Dave

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

That's a good attitude Mr. D Guy.

I hope you can achieve your goal of 4 centuries in the next five days....go for it!