Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Charities.

So I get an E-mail from Craig, my boss's boss. He was asking if I would be interested in doing a fund drive for United Way where people at work make pledge$ to give certain amount$ based on my cycling mileage.
I thought, I wouldn't be opposed to such, but I would just do the "easy part" and get to ride 100s and 100s of miles if someone wanted to do the soliciting of funding from others for the rides, I say go for it. I will still ride as much as I can and if it helps others help others, that is a double blessing for having fun.


I should get my DVD copy of the Great Divide this week. Just an awesome ride. How would you like to ride 27 days or so over dirt, gravel, and trail roads across the Rockies from Canada to Mexico totally self supported. I would if I could.

Tomorrow I have a vacation day. Bicycling on gravel roads with the cross bike is the main order for the day. I was thinking of doing a 100 miler but not sure if I have the time, minimum acceptable mileage is 100K. I am so looking forward to riding, I have been unable to get on the bike the last two days, and the weather forecast is looking perfect.

Pictures and ride report tomorrow.
Thanks for visiting.
Dave

8 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

That's very cool!

KungFooSausage said...

yes youre right about the easy part. Collecting the money from people afterwards is a real pain.

Clive Chapman said...

Weather is looking perfect. I'm jealous! Merry Old England is a tad at the moment!

Clive Chapman said...

Er, that'd be "merry Old England is a tad damp at the moment!"

I seem to have mislaid a "damp" in my previous comment...

KungFooSausage said...

or maybe a "mildly moist"?

Steph said...

Have a nice humpday day on the bike!

Unknown said...

Dave,

That is awesome. Hope it pans out for you and the United Way. It is cool people know you love to bike!

Safe travels.

Bill

tainterturtles said...

Bike man rode the Great Divide trail from Jasper, Alberta south to Wyoming about five years ago. He loved it! We both hope to ride the GD trail together in about two years from now.