Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Beautiful countryside




Had a conflict of interest this morning. My legs felt they were cement filled for some reason, and my mind was desperate to do the planned dirt metric. So I thought what better place to make that decision then on a bike, where your mind can get freed up. So I loaded up my IPOD playlist with some vintage Fleetwood Mac, Cheap Trick, and headed out.










Well I finally got all body parts to agree, and
ride I did, rode 62 miles over gravel roads and dirt trails. Packed 64 oz of water and picked up 40 oz's more at 30 miles. I still ran short of fluids. I underestimated the rising temperature and humidity. Legs are tired tonight. Re hydration tonight brought to you by Budweiser.






I thought this would be a neat place to camp out. I wonder who owns this place? Would be neat to pedal here, camp out, next to the creek and under the weeping willow, and ride back in the morning. Make it a double C self supported.























I've been riding with slime in the rear lately. Works too. Oh I better clarify before you get a life time damaging image stuck in your head. Slime in my rear tire I mean, and it helps with no flats.

Oh remember that older fellow, Denny, I met back in May on the trail riding a lil 90cc motorcycle? The guy that showed me the rare flowers, and told me lots of interesting stories. Well I pedaled over to his farm today and took some pictures. See below. Simply amazing the shrubs and plantings he has done. Acres and acres of beautifully well done yard. So peaceful looking. I didn't see anybody around. Next time I come here I would like to meet up with him again and take a tour of his place, he told me last May I would be welcome anytime. The world could use a bunch more Dennie's.
LQQKs like rain tomorrow. I am off work, I want to ride. LQQKs like I am going to get wet.




So I am going to chill on my Shiatsu chair and enjoy the massage.

Peace and happy thoughts

Dave

3 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Is there air conditioning under that weeping willow?

tainterturtles said...

Camping out while biking is pretty rewarding. The only downside is that you have to bike to the closet gas station to get some brews!

Sounds like you had a good ride today. I'm always amazed by your 64 miles on dirt roads.

KungFooSausage said...

wow thats not a farm - thats a work of art. Id liek to join you under that willow camping, maybe rest the feet in the brook. Sounds just about right.