Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Be back later

Up and at em. Had my mamawatch yesterday we both fell asleep in our chairs. Waiting on lab work for my dad to determine the ferociousness of his bladder cancer that was removed yesterday.

One thing I did while sitting with mom was read my camera's manual, I learned a lot just never took the time to dig into what it can do. Maybe I will get a good picture today of some alien space craft or something.

I am headed out country style to get some miles in before my parentsitting duties today. Looks like thunder storms are going to be after me. Oh well it is part of bicycling sometimes and enduring. I need a ride more then I need staying dry. I was so zapped yesterday, thinking the antibiotics are kick'n my arse for the jaw infection. This all stems from a motorcycle whack I took in 1969 or 70 can't even remember for sure. But this will take care of any problem bone and my jaw will grow back good bone, so this will do it once and for all . Last January, right before the Triple D winter bike race was when this happened prior, and really sunk my energy levels, the whole ride was like a death march. I guess it didn't make it any easier that the race started out below zero F. and you had to push your bike 75% of the way through deep snow. OH well that is 4 season biking in Iowa.

Today is my grandson, Cole's birthday, happpppy birthday young man. Love you.


I shall return with pictures and me.
Dave

8 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Good luck with your dad and the lab results.

I sure hope you can get some good miles in today. Just remember to bend those alien atennas downward as the thunderstorms approach. Go get um!

Clive Chapman said...

Mate, good luck with the hospital stuff.

Cheers

Clive

KungFooSausage said...

Hope you dont have to resort to sipping dinner through a straw until your jaws all healed up. Mind you that can really make you appreciate good food :)

KungFooSausage said...

...and tell your dad theres people all the way across the pond thinking of him & wishing him well.

Clive Chapman said...

Just two thoughts about rain from my old Sergeant Major.

1. You only get wet once.

2. There's no such thing as bad weather only poor equipment.

I hope you stayed dry though! :-)

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

I thought there was some guy rule about NOT reading instruction manuals.

KungFooSausage said...

Thats right. We dont need manuals. We may put them in a drawer though, along with elastic bands, odd screws, paper clips, axles, engine bits, empty tins and anything else which may come in handy one day (i.e never).

We dont need manuals. If it doesnt work right and we cant fix it without a manual then its obviously broken. Fact!

MrDaveyGie said...

Ha ha, too funny, and thanks guys and gal. True very rare for me to read manuals however with parent sitting I needed something to do. Lo and behold I know what all those buttons are for on my camera now. :-)