Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

WoW-Zer

The weatherperson said wind at 28 mph, with gust to 40 mph. Hmmm. So letting common sense prevail would say to leave the bike alone and do perhaps some of the following.

1. Ride my indoor bike.
2. Lift weights
3. Yard work.
4. Pick up dog poop in the back yard.

Well I never said I listened to common sense.

What a windy ride. Rode pavement in town, along the Mississippi River, through Eagle Point park, down streets in town, with wind knocking me around. Didn't see any other bikers out there, perhaps common sense prevailed for them.

Over and out.
Dave

5 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I wouldn't expect anything less!!!! Way to go my Mr D

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

I'm not sure what Ms Turtle meant.
Did she mean she wouldn't expect comon sense out of someone who rode in this?

Travel Gravel said...

Hay, it was just as bad Tuesday, and I put in about 30 miles on gravel! My frame is now ready for painting, being that the old was practically sandblasted off! We live and learn my man! I learned that a crappy day on the bike is still usually better than a great day of sitting at home! Later!

Travel Gravel said...

PS No, there was not hay blowing around, I meant "Hey!".

Steph said...

Had a good WINDY ride myself last night.


At one point I was doing only 6 mph.. and exerting ALL energy... trying to cut through it. lol


ahhh spring in Iowa!