Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Things.

In some strange and twisted way, I miss that sub zero biking. I'm just saying. :-)









Met with the children of my parents tonight. Oh wait, that's me too. My mama can't be left alone any more. She has fallen several times, and cracked vertebrae. For now she is at home and pretty much chair bound. So the four of us picked evenings, and daytime, and meal plans, and house cleaning plans, and it'll work.






My upper back has been not behaving, for some time, I miss not lifting weights the last 12 weeks due to this. 10 years of competitive powerlifting didn't help. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't. Today I made an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon today who has knifed me a few times. I know I have a few disks that might be looking for a fusion, I've been there before. I'll just have to see. Motrin do your thing, biking is the game plan tomorrow.






Tomorrow is a vacation day. Seems I take my 5 weeks vacation one day at a time. The reason being, I follow the weather, and pick bicycling days, and tomorrow is sunny and bicycling all day. :-)


There are two men, Bill and Todd headed towards a ride with purpose. Follow the Freedom Tour I met Bill through this blogging world, a place where I have met many others like you and me, bicycling nutters. Birds of a feather, you could say. Bill has always been a encouragement. He's a biker enduro freak of nature. He has 1000s and 1000s of miles to go yet, this is one of those journeys. Meet the two, LQQK below.




























Glad you visited.
Dave

4 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Life doesn't stop for us, does it?
We do the stuff that's important, that has meaning. Carry on!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the words Dave :)

Glad you all stepped up with your parents - they did a good job. Some kids just don't see the responsibility - strange!

Have a great day and hope the back heals up!

Melissa Hunter said...

I also miss the cold! I have been shopping for ski gear online lately. People just don't understand why I wouldn't rather move to a warmer climate?!??!

MrDaveyGie said...

Oh LQQK, it's Melissa my daughter from Minn above me I can tell by her penwomenship. Hi Melissa!!!

Melissa, check out Jill's blog from Alaska, a good write and a snow lover.

OH and like your shopping for ski stuff, I am starting planing for a new designed "snow bike"

http://arcticglass.blogspot.com/