Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

A DAY OFF THE BIKE!!!!!!!!

I would have to agree with Tom . "It's a perfect day to be off the bike." I think for me to say that several factors have to come into play.

1. Lots of miles lately, a day of not riding is a rare day.

2. Anticipation of high mileage the next couple of days.

3. Running short of energy and typically a long week at work with lots of riding after work.

4. Cold, rainy, windy, dreary evening.

OK, OK I'll stop with the justification and enjoy the chill . (-:If that is even possible:-)

So I look forward to this weekend's bike riding. Plans are to get on my bike early tomorrow, and see where the journey takes me. I'll pack snacks, drink, and music, and head out of town on my cycle cross bike in search of gravel roads leading no where and everywhere and just ride, my thoughts and me.

Dave



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave,

Mother Nature is presenting my day off today and tomorrow. 30+ MPH Winds - not fit for man nor beast on a bike.

tainterturtles said...

I like your positive attitude, but remember to dress warm just in case! Enjoy

mrbill said...

Those words, "my thoughts and me", oh the thoughts, if we could just remember all of em, even the songs we make up. Have a good one out there, I will.