Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Guess what? I rode my bicycle today.


Well, I must confess, I went around this sign. (Yo no hablo ingles) Rode out on the trails. Was windy and cold for the first couple of hours, then both me and the air started to warm up, and my wind jacket, gloves, and light head cap came off. Today it took effort to push the pace, it did not come naturally as the best rides do. Faster riding equals increased pleasure. Other riders were scarce, I think I saw 4, I rode 62 miles on bicycle trails and saw only a few other riders. Makes me wonder "why" ?? Or where O where, are there not other bikaholics out there? Tomorrow is my road bike and pavement. Always fun to pick up the pace, and going from dirt to pavement always makes the ride feel zippy.




Stopped at the outdoor "Cement Slab restaurant," and ordered pizza and Mountain Dew, they did not have glasses, Parmesan cheese, or beer, but I was so hungry after skipping breakfast and riding I didn't care.


Hope you had the time to saddle a bike and ride today.

Thanks for visiting.

Dave

4 comments:

tainterturtles said...

No time in the saddle today since our winds were over 20 mph all day today. I HATE wind!

Weatherman is promising only 10 mph winds tomorrow. Should I believe him?

MrDaveyGie said...

Always believe the weatherman when the report is favorable.

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Both you and Ms Tainter posted pics of food today. Sorry, buddy, hers looked better than yours.

Don't believe anybody over the age of 30.

Dan O said...

"Cement Slab Restaurant" - sounds pretty appetizing.

From the looks of that pizza, the place is living up to it's name...