Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gravel Travel






Still had one more vacation day left from last year so I took off work today. Weather was beautiful, saddled up my cycleCross and rode 65 miles on gravel, single track and trail. Pushed the pace for the first 25 miles, felt easy, then it seemed to become work. I tried for the most part not to get lackadaisical and keep the pace moving.
The video clip is at the end of my ride today and coming back into town.

Hurt my right knee, really getting stiff now. I had to stop fast because of a cement ledge in my path. I didn't realize that where I put my right foot down was a drop off, my tip of my right foot caught the edge of the cement ledge as I was falling forward and strained my knee, oh well, I hope it's a fast heal. Ice'n down now and took 600 mg of Advil.

3 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Those aches and strains can get to you. I'm fending off a tender Achilles tendon.

tainterturtles said...

Nice single track....didn't see any tree roots or rocks however!

Wow, another 65 miles? Nice Mr. D

Between you and Harry Legge's, I'm jealous.

Unknown said...

I need to find some roads like you have! Great job!!!