Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Guess what I did tonight?


Nope, guess again. OK give up? I went bicycling. Didn't ride over one speck of ice out on the pavement. Could take the studs off, I suppose. That makes 5 days in a row. All the rides have been "short" 60-90 minutes with lots of all out effort on hills. Plans are to ride again tomorrow, then tell myself, to take Friday off, to store up some energy, remove some lactic acid, and do some longer riding this weekend. Pack up some food, drink, and ride out on snow mobile trails.
Last year at this time, riding time was zilch, nada, nothing. I had to work for 10 weeks, 10 plus hours a day, 7 days a week. Was installing modern control systems, and automating a large power plant boiler that was originally was built in the 1950s. Was fun and challenging, but it took biking time away, glad that doesn't happen often. I am convinced our play is more important then our work. I believe in working hard, and playing harder.

"Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you become the person you are meant to be" Dr. George Sheehan.

So don't forget to play, and enjoy.
Thanks for stopping in.
Dave

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

I agree Mr.D

We all need to play no matter how old we are. I like your gusto!