Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Old eyes, and young eyes.


My eyes and grandson Cole's eyes. Cole came to visit this weekend and even brought his parents with him. Wasn't that nice? I wonder about all the things he will see with those eyes and hope this generation will do better with what they see, then mine and previous generations did. Did two separate rides today, between schedules, both on pavement. Felt good, felt fast, even though I still have the winter studs on the Cycle cross, hit some high numbers on the heart rate. Didn't need the studded snow tires for 95% of the ride, but it was those 5% of glare ice that I felt a lot better with the studly fellows. Riding rollers in the basement all week so this was refreshing. Tomorrow thinking about ground and pound, or in other wards, the snowy trails.



That is Wiscosin over the tops of the pine trees, there is the Mississippi river between me and the cheesers. :-)



Lots of hills in my area. I like em. Good work out climbing them and fun flying down them.
Thanks for stopping in, hope you had some fun today too.

4 comments:

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Similar conditions up here. Nice to be out on the road.

tainterturtles said...

Sounds like you had a perfect day....family & riding!

Dan O said...

There's hills in Iowa? Who knew?

Great family stuff to read. Nice.

MrDaveyGie said...

Yeap, Dan O. North east Iowa is bluffs and hills. Now the geologists say it is because the glaciers missed this section and didn't grind down the hills and make flat lands like it did in most of Iowa. But I think it is because somebody wanted me to have fun. :-)