Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Beware of masked men riding bicycles.

Scary creature. Warn your children. Beware of masked men riding bicycles.
Tunnel at Farley Iowa.
Studs only. Glazed ice, I could have ice skated down the trail.


Rear view.
Rode on icy trail for 40 miles, had to force the effort, didn't have much in the gas tank. Made the decision to turn around and head home, so no century, for January. :-( I compete for the Cup-O-Dirt. There are various categories for riding dirt centuries. One of the categories is to ride a dirt century for each month of the year. So that one will not occur for me. Last year I bagged 5 cups.
Decided to take the "E-bay" bike into the shop tomorrow. I went to replace the broken spoke today and realized the bike has a free wheel and I do not have the tool to remove. Also no matter what I do with the front hydraulic brakes I can not get rid of the slight drag.
Hope your weekend was fun, and thanks for visiting.
Dave

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Wow, that is really a glaze of ice. Thank heavens for studded tires.

Good effort today...you are a winter beast!

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

Some of the trails here are like that too. Those studded tires are worth their weight in gold.