Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Drunken Snakes

I turned around and looked at my tire tracks in the snow. They looked like a couple of drunken snakes were weaving around in the snow. My tires were reluctant to bite at all. I was sliding and weaving all over the place. 6 to 8 inches of soft snow on top of glare ice. My tires would spin on the soft snow, but my studs couldn't bite down on the ice with all the loose snow between the studs and the hard ice. I couldn't keep my front tire in a straight path. It was a very hard pedal, I found it necessary to push my bike quite often. A ball busting workout. I was looking forward to seeing a lot of Triple D tracks, but with the fresh snow and all the snowmobiles there was very little evidence left of all the hard work laid down by all the biking brothers and sisters the day before.



This bridge crossing.


I stopped and watched the Snow Boarders at Sundown for awhile. My son Josh was over there, somewhere.
I pulled over several times for lots of snowmobiles. I waved, and they waved back. Somehow I felt connected to them in some way. I am not sure why. Not the same kind of connection you feel with other bikers. Like when it's 5 degrees out and you run into someone else biking. Or it's pouring down rain, your wearing your rain gear and enjoying the ride and you run into another biker doing the same.






Sign sign everywhere a sign,
Peace and happy rides.

No comments: